Home > Cloth 101
|Why use cloth pads?|
How do I choose the right reusable cloth pad?
How many reusable cloth pads will I need?
- Your reusable cloth pads need to be changed about as regularly as a disposable pad. Depending on your flow, the following examples may apply to you:
- The total quantity and variety of cloth pads needed will vary by flow, changing frequency, and washing frequency.
How do I wear my Talulah Bean cloth pads?
- Talulah Bean reusable cloth pads wrap around the panty just like a disposable pad. Unlike disposable pads, you won't find crinkly plastics or sticky adhesives.
- Your cloth pads should be worn with the minky (or bamboo or cotton) facing up and the black fleece or nylon facing your undergarment.
How should I care for my reusable cloth pads?
- Your Breezy Bean Collection cloth pads are low fuss, kind of like a t-shirt. To minimize staining, rinse your Breezy Beans in cool water prior to laundering. For stubborn stains, you may use hydrogen peroxide. Breezy Beans can also benefit from sun bleaching.
- Your IncrediPad cloth pads are easy to maintain. To minimize staining, rinse your IncrediPads in cool water prior to laundering. For stubborn stains, you may use hydrogen peroxide. IncrediPads should not be subjected to hot wash or dry conditions. Doing so may damage the breathable layer.
To maximize absorbency, wash and dry your new cloth pads at least two times prior to first use.
A few No-Nos: Do not use bleach, fabric softeners, laundry booster, ironing, or dry cleaning. These methods are simply not necessary to maintain your Talulah Bean cloth pads and can be harmful.
How can I store my used cloth pads until washtime?
What about when I'm out and about?
Our Double-Zippered Clutch is a fantastic way to hold your clean and soiled cloth pads, in separate pockets, while on the go. In addition, Talulah Bean carries a full line of wetbags that are great for all sorts of purposes. Use them for diapers, wet swim suits, and more!
Can I use my cloth pads for postpartum bleeding? What about incontinence?
Yes and yes! The luxury and comfort of cloth during your postpartum period cannot be beat! Your Talulah Bean cloth pads offer comfort, breathability, and ultimate softness when you need it the most. Additionally, our lay-in ice packs with their soft shrouds are so soothing. You can find Chilly Beans here and here.
Talulah Bean cloth pads work great for incontinence, too! No plastic chafing, no sticky adhesive.
Why don't your Talulah Bean cloth pads have a standard waterproof layer?
Our reusable cloth pads feature polyester fleece backings. While highly moisture resistant, they are not technically waterproof. Here's why:
Polyester fleece offers plenty of protection for most women. In addition to preventing leaks, the fleece is breathable, which allows for airflow and comfort.
We are pleased to offer the IncrediPad, a breathable, waterproof pad that is extremely thin and very absorbent.
Why does my order not ship immediately?
Talulah Bean is a small company staffed by one full time pad expert and a collection of sub-specialists. In addition to tending to business matters, we have families and other duties that need our attention. Rest assured that getting your order to you swiftly is very important to us and we will give you our best efforts.
How do Talulah Bean cloth pads help our planet?
Using the example in the table above, we see that during just one cycle the average woman may use 30+ pads. We can multiply this by 12 cycles per year to find that the average woman may use 360+ pads per year. By switching to Talulah Bean, you are saving our landfills 360 pads per year!
And if we multiply yearly pad use by 30 years of cycling, we find that a woman who uses reusable cloth pads is saving our landfills 10,800 disposable pads!